Thursday, October 1, 2026

The International Reach of the Scroll Saw Workshop

Community spotlights from scrollers around the world, and some great animal patterns!



When we think of the Scroll Saw workshop, we first think of Steve. It’s his blog, his passion, after all. One of the pleasures in preserving Steve’s legacy has been seeing just how far his impact extends. Pepi from France wrote in about how because of Steve, she had a job she could do with her disability. Barbara wrote in from South Africa. Richard started a group of scrollers in England. Steve was from Indiana, USA, but like a stone tossed in a still lake, the ripples of his dedication, teaching, and care still radiate outward.

From France: Here is Pepi’s Story


English
Hello everyone... thank you for keeping alive what Steve built. I’ve followed Steve since the very beginning; I gave my all to what I love. I am a 69-year-old woman with a disability, and of course, it is thanks to Steve that I have my job. I’ve never seen anyone like him; he was the one who gave me the joy of working, but I’m staying on this blog in his memory. I am in France, and a huge THANK YOU to him... Pepi.


French
Bonjour a tous ...merci de maintenir ce qu'il a construit. J’ai suivi Steve depuis c debu j'en et fait oui mais tous donnee a tous ce que j'aime. J'ai 69 ans suis une femme handicape et biens sur cest grace a luis que jai ma sic. Des comme luis j'en et jamais vue pour moi c fini il et plus la.... pour me fair avoir cette joie de travailler. Mais je reste dans ce blog en son souvenir. Je suis en france et un grand MERCI POUR LUIS....PEPI.  



South Africa, Barbara

I found Steve Good’s site after my husband gave me a scroll saw. When I asked him why, his answer was, “You are always fiddling with wood”.   When I asked him, “What do I do with this?” he said, “Go to the internet and look there”.

The best thing he could have done.

The first thing I saw was a site for free, Steve Good’s, and we were not in the position to spend too much money. It was my privilege to make inventions to my husband sisters wedding for everyone at the wedding.

Regards,
Barbara 



The United Kingdom, Richard


I would just like to share the impact Steve has had on me and some of my friends. I bought a scroll saw with the idea of cutting some jigsaws with family photos on them. At the time of buying the saw, I had no idea of the potential the saw had. When set the saw up in my workshop, I looked on YouTube for tips on using the saw and of course came across some of Steve. This opened a whole new world for me in England. Scroll sawing is not as popular as in the US. After a while and following many of Steve's patterns, I joined a local Men in Sheds group, which was just starting up. When I started talking about scroll sawing, no one understood what I was talking about. I showed them some of the items I had made and Steve's great work. Now we had have small group of us that speak of little else. It was a sad day when Steve past away and between us we had a short silence to remember Steve and he is still in our thought now. 

Wishing success with the blog in the future

Best Regards
Richard Styles


A Nautical Scene by Steve Good

Australia, Rod


I found this project really enjoyable. Even though all those enclosed bits were a challenge time wise etc.

Thank you for keeping Steve's memory going.

Rod
Victoria, Australia


The Pattern Catalog is now easier to search!

Check out the full catalog!