Everyone have a nice three day weekend. Labor Day celebrates all the workers who contribute to their countries prosperity. Data from OECD said that America ranked third for the most productive employees following only Germany and France.
The measurement is the ratio of GDP to hours worked. Unfortunately American are working more hours to get those results. The Germans who are at the top of the list with the least amount of hours for their GDP. Studies show that working more hours has diminishing return. The Europeans are figuring out that all work and no play ain't all it's cracked up to be. I say let's enjoy more three day weekends. Of course now that I'm retired everyday is a weekend.
I have reached out to General International for comment. I don't really expect an answer. I also reached out to an industry insider I know, who is well connected with General International. He could not get a firm response from General when he asked about availability. I have no personal knowledge of the real problem but I suspect it is a supplier problem in Asia where the machine is manufactured.
What I do know is that General International is a well respected company who supplies great products and customer service. Whatever the issues are I hope for them and our community they are worked out quickly.
Click now and make a family heirloom this weekend.
DVD and the 2013 update DVD at this link. DVD #1 is $20 and contains over 1,100 patterns. The 2013 update DVD is $7.50 and has another 178 patterns. The 2014 update DVD is $7.50 and has another 223 patterns.
The Kreg jig is one of my favorite tools in my shop. It is the easiest joinery system I have ever used. The number of projects that I have used this system on is bind blowing. If you have never see the Kreg system in action watch the accompanying video.
- The new Kreg Jig K5 is packed with features your are sure to appreciate
- It comes with a convenient front-mounted clamping handle, and it's connected to a ratcheting clamp mechanism that adjusts without tools or lock nuts
- The quick-release Drill Guide Block makes set up simple
- Front-mounted clamp handle makes clamping easy
- Ratcheting clamp mechanism adjusts without tools
- Quick-release pin holds drill block in place, and can't get lost
- Storage Wings provide built-in storage for bits, screws, accessories
- Stop-Collar Setting Block makes drill bit setup easy