Christmas Ornament Patterns 2026!!!
First up, Rudy the Reindeer!
Hello Scroll Saw Workshop! This is Julia from Bear Woods. Since Bear Woods has taken on stewardship of the Scroll Saw Workshop, the #1 request has been for new patterns. Our response: We are working on it behind the scenes.
Well, you've been asking about Christmas ornaments more than any other pattern and we are SO excited to announce brand-new 2026 Christmas ornament patterns!
Steve's Christmas Ornaments are some of the favorites every year, and we have been able to come up with some new patterns for 2026.
Rudy the Reindeer - Free Pattern Download!
And before you ask, YES, all the ornament patterns will have an option for custom names, just like Steve has done.
The first pattern is Rudy the Reindeer. I drew this one myself, so I hope you enjoy it! I have a little stuffed reindeer I knitted a scarf for in high school who lives on my book case. I was trying to think of what pattern I could make for the Scroll Saw Workshop, and saw my Rudy Reindeer. He always makes me smile, so I tried my hand at drawing him for an ornament. Then my brother Isaac scrolled Rudy for me as a demo! (Yes, you will be able to put custom names in the reindeer ornament and the other ornaments we are releasing!)
We just got in the Mascot benchtop mini drill press at Bear Woods and Isaac used it to drill the pilot holes for Rudy the Reindeer. It is so cute and takes up such a small foot print in the shop. For small pilot holes, we have micro drill bits and micro drill bit adapters for any drill or rotary tool.
While drilling the pilot holes in Rudy, Isaac and I made a Little Drill Press parody for fun! Do enjoy our sibling sing-along.
We used a random piece of wood we had and the new Mascot Heat Transfer Tool to transfer the pattern from the regular piece of printer paper right onto the wood. (Video demo coming soon!)
Then Isaac cut out Rudy the Reindeer on the scroll saw. In the Bear Woods workshop, we have the Pegas 21" Scroll Saw and Isaac has put a LOT of hours on it since we got it back in 2019. He used Modified Geometry #3 blades so the reverse teeth on the back side of the blade would clean up the underside of the cuts and reduce sanding since we were using a random, fairly splintery piece of wood we found sitting around in the shop.
One of my favorite parts of the Reindeer pattern is there are several options. There will, of course, be the custom name option, but we also will have options some general holiday options, with and without the year:
- Merry
- Bright
- X-Mas
- Rudy
- 2026
We will be releasing the free Christmas ornament patterns without custom names first, and within the week will release the custom name option along with instructions. Please note there is a small charge for custom name patterns!
Our Rudy came out very cute! He needs a little sanding and I think I might shape him with our Marathon Rotary Tool to give him a little extra something. He is going to look so cute on our tree this year! We were also thinking, the ornaments would look so cool if you just cut around the outside, no inside cuts, and then wood burned all the details / words. You could mix mediums even further with some colour! Lots of wood burner / accessory options available at Bear Woods!
My dad, Stephen, who was good friends with Steve, suggested mentioning at least 5 times that the custom name ornaments will be available very soon. I managed to mention it 7 times, so dad, if you're reading this, I think I did good.
Keep a look out for more ornament patterns this week! Also, I would LOVE to see the ornaments you make! Tag us on socials and/or email us at ssworkshop@bearwood.com photos of your ornaments. And yes, we will have custom name options for the ornament patterns! Keep an eye on the blog and emails, they are coming very soon!
Julia :)





















